Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Throw away those idols!

Hosea 2: 6, 7 Amplified 

Therefore, behold, I the LORD GOD will hedge up her way with thorns; and I will build up a wall against her that she shall not find her paths. And she shall follow after her lovers but she shall not overtake them; and she shall seek them, but not find them. Then shall she say, Let me go and return unto my first husband, for then it was better with me than now.


Idols of the heart. Maybe you have one. Or two, or three. Recently I was reminded by the LORD that I had an idol in my heart. Something that had taken the place of the One True and Living GOD.

But LORD, how could that be? I am really serving you and working hard every day? Please let me know what this means!

What is an idol? In this modern day, do we really have idols that we bow down to? How do we know if we have an idol. Is an idol always an object that we can see? Has GOD hedged your way with thorns and you cannot make a move? Blocked your every turn?

Let's talk!

An idol is ANYTHING that is foremost in your mind. You wake up and this thing, or person is on your mind. When you get angry, it is because someone is trying to mess with your idol. You must justify your idol, why you spend all your time on it. Why you spend all your money on it. Why it takes up all your energy and your every thought to the point of being overwhelmed!

We may not even be able to see our idol. We don't think we are bowing down to idols, after all, we are very intelligent, right?

What is your idol? Is it your rescue? Your job? Your money? Your grandkid? Your grand passion that revolves around you and "your thing"?

Ok, so you say, back off, so I like my job, what is wrong with that? God tells us to work and not be lazy! But still, you have broken the foremost commandment, which is, " you shall love the LORD your GOD with all your heart and all your mind and all your soul, and your neighbor as yourself".

You know that your mind is divided, you have been convicted. But you have tamped down the thought and promised that you will read your Bible more and start going to church more, but still, the conscience is now being seared with a hot iron and it all seems to be unimportant as long as no one touches your idol.

You still spend all your time and energy preserving your idol.

Rebekah,  remember her, in Genesis, she stole her father's idols and stowed them away in her camel pouch. She was prepared to take them with her, just in case that Isaac's GOD couldn't/wouldn't come through in this new and scary land she was journeying to with her husband.

We are the same way. We try to hide that idol and pretend that it is not being placed on the throne of our hearts. But don't dare touch it, or you will blow sky high! That is your idol!

But if you are a child of GOD, He will hedge your way with thorns. You want to head in that direction and you keep moving that way with all the energy and effort you can throw at it. But still, no progress is made, you cannot go forward and the worst part is that you are so frustrated that your life seems hopeless.

You need hope, Christ is our hope, he is the One who has died for us, who took all our sin upon Himself and now sits at the right hand of God and intercedes for us.

Our hope is that He will hedge our way up with thorns. After all, the path that we take is the way that seems right to us, but in the end, that way leads to death! He won't let us go there.

Return to the LORD! NOW!

Don't push toward your idol. Step back, Take a deep breath and say, LORD, please give me the desire to read your WORD. I will obey, I will bow down before you and ask you to take away every idol and smash it to the ground. Give me a clear conscience and renew a right spirit within me.

He will do it. Of course, that is what He intended to do all along. He is just waiting for you to get tired of the thorns and come to your senses.

It will be OK, life will go on, He will provide the grace for you and for me to make it. Our issues will be resolved by His goodness and His lovingkindness and His GRACE.

God bless you and as He has blessed you , please consider allowing me to help you. If you want to talk about idols, please contact me, blackjackrescue@live.com

I am a Bible counselor and I also want to rescue animals. God has made a way for me and He will for you as well.

Consider helping one of our dogs, we have so many in need. Contact me if you can foster, adopt, donate or help transport one of our dogs!


Thanks you in advance!http:www.petfinder.com/shelters/Tn488.html

No comments:

Post a Comment