Follow by Email

Friday, August 26, 2011

We want to welcome you to our new web page.

Did you know there is a big problem here in East Tennessee? There are too many homeless dogs. Here at Blackjack we want to tell you all about it because we need your help. Right now only 30% of lost dogs are reclaimed by their owners, the other 70% only have a 20% chance of finding a new home. Most are euthanized because there is simply no room. 
While the problem may seem overwhelming, Blackjack, like many organizations across the country, has chosen to face the problem head on. Working locally in East Tennessee, our goal is to place healthy, adoptable animals in new and loving homes while aiding in the fight against pet overpopulation. 
These dogs are real. The volunteers who go to the shelters to rescue our dogs are haunted by the faces of the dogs they must leave behind. Blackjack relies on donations to continue and expand its work. Every dollar contributed brings us closer to the day when no dogs are left behind to be euthanized.

No comments:

Post a Comment